Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

A little Christmas Cheer!



The sun is setting and it's a cool Sunday evening outside. Perfect for trimming the tree, and enjoying a glass of this red blend, called Reds.

I've really been enjoying red blends this fall, and this 2005 vintage doesn't disappoint. Zinfandel, Carignane, and Petite Syrah round out this exotic blend from the Lodi area of California. I'm tasting a little spice and a hint of cocoa. (Yum... my preference for tree trimming over hot cocoa any day.) It is definately a bold and dry red,one that would go quite well burgers and barbecue. Doesn't it look lovely in the poinsettia wine goblets?

When I get done trimming the tree, we will drink the rest with a pork tenderloin in a pomegranate molasses sauce which I think will match nicely.

Cheers!

No comments: